11.07.2011

30 Days of Thankfulness.... Day 7

Today (and every day), I am thankful for this man.....


I really wanted to save this post for his birthday later this week, but after a conversation we had tonight, I just couldn't not be "thankful" for this today. After dinner we were cleaning the kitchen and he begins to tell me about this elderly man he met today, who had once been an orphan. Michael loved listening to his story, and felt compelled to share that we were adopting. He said this man got the most confused look on his face, and said, "Why...can't y'all have kids of your own"? Michael was flabberghasted that this man, once an orphan himself, shared this all too common stereotype of adoptive parents. Michael went on to share with this man, the reason behind our adoption story, which can be summed up in 4 words.....BECAUSE WE WERE CALLED!!! And we will answer that call. We will be faithful to He who has saved us by His grace alone.


I continue to be amazed at God's work in my husband. Not too many months ago, we did not share the same feelings about growing our family through adoption. But, thankfully God's grip is strong and mighty, and now my husband is willing, and excited even, to share our story with others. A story that when we go back to the very beginning, is several years in the making, without our knowing. But God has known all along, and we can now see how His plan is falling into place, perfectly.


I love you Michael, and I am so thankful for you. I can't wait to enter the next chapter of our lives together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment